Steamboat Desk Organizer
Create a steamboat desk organizer here! This is a great project for you if you want a project that's a bit more challenging than the others. Have fun!
4 cardboard jewelry boxes (2 large, 1 medium, and 1 small)
1 cardboard toilet paper roll tube
1 pipe cleaner
1. Adjust the lid of 1 big box so that it fits into the box by cutting it in half, overlapping the to halves, and taping together, to form a smaller lid. Do the same to the small box so it fits into the medium box. These are your drawers.
2. Cut out an opening in the large box that has a lid, the lid of that box, and the medium box so that the large lid from step 1 can slide into the large box and its lid and the small box can slide into the medium box.
3. If when you put the drawers in, the box is too wide and the drawers slide around in the box, line the box with styrofoam and secure with glue.
5. Glue the boxes on top of each other in the following order from bottom to top: the large box with no opening for drawer (the side with no lid facing up), the lid with an opening, the 2nd large box (place inside the lid with openings matching up), the medium box (the side that is open facing down and the side with the opening for the drawer facing front.
5. Create the curved sides of the boat using the pieces of cardboard. Fold a strip in half and create a base for it. Tape the pieces together following the shape of the example in the image below. Repeat with another piece of cardboard.
6. Tape the cardboard sides that you created in Step 5 to the bottom layer of your boat. Cut the cardboard tube in half and glue to the top of the boat. Let dry.
7. Paint your boat and let dry. If desired, add a layer of mod podge to better protect the paint and let dry.* Poke two holes at the front of each drawer and string in part of a pipe cleaner to create handles. Twist the ends of the pipe cleaner to prevent it from coming out.
8. Put the large drawer into the bottom opening and the small drawer into the top opening. Enjoy!
*Tip: Make your own mod podge with glue and water. Mix them together following a 3:1 ratio where 3 is for glue and 1 is for water.